User:Kelsey J.R.P. Byers
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
I work in the lab of Dr. H.D. "Toby" Bradshaw, Jr. at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA, studying the genetic basis of speciation in Mimulus (Lamiales), a developing model genus. I specifically work on speciation driven by pollinator-based prezygotic reproductive isolation; my pollinators of interest include hummingbirds, bumblebees, and hawkmoths (though I have a certain fondness for bats).
- (expect 2014), PhD (in progress), University of Washington
- 2007, SB, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2003, Biotechnology Academy (4 years), Minuteman Regional High School, Lexington, MA
- Speciation (various, particularly driven by prezygotic isolation)
- Natural population variation
- Remote sensing techniques and development
- Pollination ecology
- Error fetching PMID 19158363:
Work done in the lab of Dr. Martha Bulyk, Harvard Medical School