- I'm working on a system for controlling the mean and variance of protein distributions within cellular populations.
I'm interested in understanding, designing and constructing new biological systems. I'm interested in the theory of how simple parts can accomplish precision tasks, and biology is only one implementation. I also think about how biology directs and determines human thinking, morality, behavior and culture.
- My short term goals are enabling tools for building biological systems, as well as a developing a conceptual and mathematical understanding of cellular processes.
- My long term goals are robust and scalable biological systems, and better living through biological design.
- I am applying to graduate schools to study molecular complexity and engineering in biological systems.
- lab talk on the value of independent tools for biological manipulation.
- BS Physics at Caltech, 2006
- email me: kelsic a caltech d edu