User:Keoni K. Gandall/Notebook/Halobacterium NCR-1 vector/2013/02/06

From OpenWetWare

< User:Keoni K. Gandall | Notebook | Halobacterium NCR-1 vector | 2013 | 02
Revision as of 20:17, 18 March 2013 by Keoni K. Gandall (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision (diff) | Newer revision→ (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Entry twenty six

  • Today I preformed the transformations, side by side. Some things that I noticed is that the CaCl protocol (as it should be) is much simpler then the DIY TSS method, but takes more material (that luckily I have). The TSS method, I barely used anything compared to the CaCl method, even though both are bare bones.
  • I used some of the DNA I synthesized... I used (about) 500 ng in both and REALLY hope I get something, since for 4 ug cost my more then 300$.
  • I noticed that once I began to get amp plates out of the refrigerator, that I only had 4! So, I had to decide which to not use, the control or the "control" with pGreen. I kept the pGreen. Hopefully by tomorrow I will see nice colonies!


Personal tools