Entry twenty six
- Today I preformed the transformations, side by side. Some things that I noticed is that the CaCl protocol (as it should be) is much simpler then the DIY TSS method, but takes more material (that luckily I have). The TSS method, I barely used anything compared to the CaCl method, even though both are bare bones.
- I used some of the DNA I synthesized... I used (about) 500 ng in both and REALLY hope I get something, since for 4 ug cost my more then 300$.
- I noticed that once I began to get amp plates out of the refrigerator, that I only had 4! So, I had to decide which to not use, the control or the "control" with pGreen. I kept the pGreen. Hopefully by tomorrow I will see nice colonies!