| Experimental Biological Chemistry II
|| Main project page|
- DAY 8 - Continue with running the 8-day study on cell growth in media containing films that has been soaking for 2 to 8 days.
- The flasks were taken out from orbital shaker.
- 3mL of cell culture were taken from each flasks in a 4mL glass cuvette.
- The absorbance for the 3mL cell culture was taken with wavelength 600.0nm.
- Absorbances were recorded.
- A graph of absorbance versus number of days for which the films were soaked in media was plotted.
- The absorbance measured on day 2, 4, 6 and 8 indicates the antibacterial activity exhibited by the media after silver-incorporated films has soaked for 2, 4, 6, or 8 days. All measurements were taken once, thus no error bars are displaced on graph.
- From the graph, the flasks containing control film and the flasks containing only cells and media all exhibited high absorbance through the 8-day experiment, while the flask containing silver-incorporated film exhibited antibacterial activities for day 2, 4, and 8.
- The absorbance for both control flask and flask containing control films reached between 2.0 to 2.5 after 15-hours of cell growth. This indicates that there were no antibacterial effects within both control flasks. However, the absorbance for flasks containing 33% silver-incorporated film was low for day 2, 4, and 8. The absorbance after 15-hours of cell growth peaked on the 6th day. This showed that there was antibacterial growth in film containing silver. The maximum amount of antibacterial growth is on day 2.