(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 08:17, 19 September 2012
| Biomaterials Design Lab
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
- Crosslink the prepared glutaraldehyde film
- Run DSC on 8 films
- Run FTIR
- Allow the glutaraldehyde PVOH film to completely air dry
- Prepare a solution of 100mL H2O, 2mL concentrated H2SO4, and 20g Na2SO4 in a 150mL beaker. Place stir bar in beaker and a Buchner funnel top over the stir bar
- Heat the prepared solution to 70°C(on hot plate turn temperature to 160°C)
- Place film in solution for 1 hour.(Make sure the temperature remains at 70°C)
- Prepare 100mL 1% aqueous HCl solution. Heat solution to 70°C
- Remove film from the solution and rinse with deionized H2O
- Place stir bar in 1% HCl solution and a Buchner funnel top over of the stir bar. Add the PVOH film to the solution
- Allow film to remain in 1% HCl solution for 30 minutes.(Be sure to keep a constant 70°C)
- Prepare 0.2M sodium bicarbonate solution
- After 30 minutes, remove film from 1% HCl solution and place in 0.2M sodium bicarbonate solution for ~15minutes
- Remove film from dilute sodium bicarbonate solution with tweezers. Rinse with deionized H2O and dry film on paper towel(dabbing gently).
- Weigh PVOH film. Record mass
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.