Prepare 3 PVOH/glutaraldehyde films, make another PVOH/Na-MT/glutaraldehyde film, attach a dye to the PVOH in a film, and prepare a solution of 0.01 M Na2SO4
PVOH/Glutaraldehyde Film Preparation
- 1 g PVOH was dissolved in 7 mL of water.
- Once all the PVOH had dissolved, 1 mL of glutaraldehyde was added.
- The solution was stirred for 5 minutes and then was poured into a dish and allowed to evaporate until Friday.
PVOH/Na-MT/Glutaraldehyde Film Preparation
- 1 g PVOH and 0.1 g Na-MT were dissolved in 7 mL H2O on a heated hot plate.
- Once the PVOH dissolved, 1 mL of glutaraldehyde was added.
- The gel was stirred for 3 minutes and then was poured into a plastic dish and was allowed to evaporate until Friday.
PVOH/Dye film preparation
- Place 1 g PVOH in a small beaker
- Dissolve in 7 mL of 0.1M NaHCO3/Na2CO3 buffer (pH=10) to deprotonate
- Heat and stir to dissolve
- Add 1 mg of dye (5-(4,6-Dichlorotiazinul Aminofluorescein)
- Stir for 1 hr
- Pour into dish
0.01 M Na2SO4 Solution Preparation
* 0.354 g Na2SO4 was added to 500 mL water in a volumetric flask.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.