Making PVOH/Glutaraldehyde/Phenol Films:
- Fill 5 50mL beakers with 15mL HPLC water. Place on hot/stir plates in the hood.
- Measure out 1g of PVOH (5 times) and place into the 5 beakers (1g each). Allow PVOH to begin dissolving on hot/stir plates.
- Measure out 2.1457g Phenol, 0.21457g Phenol, 0.021457g Phenol, and 0.00257g Phenol (for the latter I prepared a solution of 10mL and 0.22g Phenol and used 1mL [for 0.022g] and 0.1mL [for 0.0022g]). Add each measurement of phenol to 4 of the beakers with PVOH respectively.
- Allow mixtures of PVOH, Phenol, and water to stir on hot/stir plate until fully dissolved.
- Once full dissolution is achieved, add 1mL Glutaraldehyde to each of the 5 beakers. Allow to stir off heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour solutions into labeled film dishes.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.