Crosslinking PVOH (MW:146,000-186,000) Films With 0.7M HCl and neutralizing .6 Molar sodium bicarbonate
- To high of a molecular weight will remake with with a lower molecular weight
- MW: 22,000 will be used instead for this....higher molecular weight is to thick for this type of reaction with crosslinking with glutaraldehyde
- 20ml of 100% H2So4 in 1 L of H20 was use for the fixant will determine amount of H+ ions in solution to determine concentartion of HCL
- 20ml* 1.84g/ml ÷ 98.079g/mol = 0.375moles of H2SO4 ÷ 1 Liter= 0.369 Molar H2SO4
- assume complete dissociation
- 0.369mols of H2SO4/L * 2mols HCl/1mol of H2SO4 = 0.7M HCl, which is equal to 6ml of 12 M HCl in 94 ml of H2O
- To neutralize a NaHCO3 solution will be made, 0.7 M NaHCO3
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.