- To eventually attach a protein, we can not crosslink in acidic or heated conditions. Therefore, for this procedure. We will be using hydrogels instead.
- 4 hydrogels were prepared. 2 were made using PVOH MW = 22,000, while the other two were made using PVOH MW = 146,000 - 186,000. For each molecular weight, one hydrogel was made with isopropanol alone, and one was made with isopropanol + glutaraldehyde. The amounts of isopropanol used is the same as in previous trials.
- Measure out 2 samples of 1 g PVOH (MW = 22,000) and 2 samples of 1 g PVOH (MW = 146,000 - 186,000)
- Dissolve in 20 mL water (Dissolve on heat)
- Once dissolved, 0.0174 mL isopropanol was added to each sample. The samples were allowed to stir for a few minutes.
- 1 mL glutaraldehyde was added to the 2 hydrogels that are isopropanol + glut
- The hydrogels were placed in the freezer for 24 hours out for 4 hours in for 24hours and then out once again. repeated cycles.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.