- crosslining of the quaternary ammonium films
- hydrogel cycle 2
- Make 4 100 mL solutions of 94 mL water, 6 mL 12 M HCl
- Heat solutions up to 70 °C under the hood
- Add a film to each solution. Heat the films for 1 hr.
- Rinse the films with distilled water
- Make 4 solutions of 1.68 g sodium bicarbonate in 100 mL water.
- Place each film in a sodium bicarbonate solution.
- Soak the films in the sodium bicarbonate solution for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the films in distilled water and place under the hood to try.
- Observations: the cross linking hcl solution turned turbid. we believe this is due to the fack that the charged quaternary ammonium+pvoh is dissolvable in water, and some dissolved out of the film before it could be cross linked. uv vis will be performed in order to quantify the amount lost. it was about a Half an hour after the films were placed into the HCl solution, the 8%, 1%, and 0.1% films shrank and the HCl solution was cloudy and had particulate floating around. After crosslinking was completed, aliquots were taken of all of the HCl solutions.
- For freeze-thawing, the hydrogels were removed from the freezer at 2:20 and were placed back in at 6:20
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.