- Korey Griffin M.S.
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- 2145 Delaware Avenue Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- 800-457-3801 x129
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am currently a technical support representative for Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc where my primary role is communication with researchers in California Institutions who are coordinating chemical, immunoglobulin, & RNAi experiments with SCBT reagents.
Researcher time/labor at the bench is important in literally every way. There has to be a high degree of confidence in both the reagent quality, and the procedure. The means to obtain and test quality reagents is beneficial to both the vendor and customer. Let me know what SCBT reagents you have interest in working with and I will do my 100% best to ensure you obtain reagents that produce results.
There are several variables for each molecular/cell protocol; apparently straight-forward procedures (ie immunoblotting) contain an extraordinary amount of important steps. Below are resources for research antibody and RNAi studies, that can improve your next experiment. I hope that you may find something useful to bring you success in your next experiment.
Methods & Techniques for Immunochemists
- Antibody Basics
- Antibody Peptide Neutralization
- Antibody Protein Coupling (F:P) Ratios
- Antibody Elution Buffers
- Antibody Related Solutions & Recipes
- Antigen Retrieval Technique
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation
- Dual Immunofluorescence Cell Staining
- Flow Cytometry prep & labeling
- Immunoprecipitation Guide
- Immunohistochemistry Paraffin
- Immunofluorescence Cell Staining
- In Vitro Kinase Assay
- Isolate Leukocytes from whole blood
- Lentivirus Technology
- Membrane Stripping and Reprobing
- Nested RT-PCR
- Nuclear Extract Preparation
- Puromycin Selection for shRNA
- shRNA Transfection
- siRNA Transfection
- Sodium Orthovanadate Activation
- Western Blotting Guide
- Western Blot Optimization
- Zinc Fixation
- Cell Lines
- Cell Marker
- DOT guidelines
- Fluorochrome Table
- Gene Atlas
- Human Protein Atlas
- Oligo Tm
- 2007-2009: Save our Shores Sanctuary Steward, Santa Cruz CA. Save Our Shores is a non-profit marine conservation organization in Santa Cruz, California whose mission is marine conservation through policy research, education, and citizen involvement.
- 2005-2006: Ride-A-Wave volunteer, Santa Cruz CA. RAW is a Santa Cruz based nonprofit org whose mission is to give children with special needs the chance to feel the thrill of riding a wave and experience a safe, fun-filled day at the beach, whether they are physically, developmentally or economically challenged.
- 1997: Summer Youth Camp Counselor for Eagle Lake Camp, Pike Forest CO.
- 1995,1996: Canoe Guide/Interpreter Charles L. Sommers Canoe Base, Ely MN: Groups are outfitted at the Base to travel by canoe through canoe country, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW), Ontario's Quetico Provincial Park, and points beyond. The BWCAW and Quetico together form a roadless area of about a million acres with deep glacial lakes and densely forested cover.
Education & Publication
- 2000, MS Biochemistry, University of Missouri-Columbia, Advisor: Gary Weisman Ph.D.
- 1997, BS, University of Missouri-Columbia
J Biol Chem. 2004 Feb 27;279(9):8212-8. Epub 2003 Dec 11. Src homology 3 binding sites in the P2Y2 nucleotide receptor interact with Src and regulate activities of Src, proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2, and growth factor receptors. Liu J, Liao Z, Camden J, Griffin KD, Garrad RC, Santiago-Pérez LI, González FA, Seye CI, Weisman GA, Erb L. PMID: 14670955
J Cell Biol. 2001 Apr 30;153(3):491-501. An RGD sequence in the P2Y(2) receptor interacts with alpha(V)beta(3) integrins and is required for G(o)-mediated signal transduction. Erb L, Liu J, Ockerhausen J, Kong Q, Garrad RC, Griffin K, Neal C, Krugh B, Santiago-Pérez LI, González FA, Gresham HD, Turner JT, Weisman GA. PMID: 11331301