- Korey Griffin M.S.
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am currently a technical representative for Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc where I communicate with researchers coordinating chemical, immunoglobulin, & RNAi experiments with SCBT reagents and labware.
Research time & bench labor is a valuable effort. Having confidence in reagent quality & all elements of procedures is essential to success in molecular/cell biology. I improve the frequency of successful experimental results for my clients through 2-way communication; the means to obtain, test, provide feedback, and receive follow-up support brings success.
Several nuances and variables in molecular/cell protocols determine how a result turns out; apparent & straight-forward procedures (ie immuno (western) blotting) contain an extraordinary amount of important steps. Below are a collection of links to resources for research antibody and RNAi studies, that will improve awareness & success for bench scientists.
Methods & Techniques
- Antibody Basics
- Antibody Peptide Neutralization
- Antibody Protein Coupling (F:P) Ratios
- Antibody Elution Buffers
- Antibody Related Solutions & Recipes
- Antigen Retrieval Technique
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation
- Dual Immunofluorescence Cell Staining
- Flow Cytometry prep & labeling
- Immunoprecipitation Guide
- Immunohistochemistry Paraffin
- Immunofluorescence Cell Staining
- In Vitro Kinase Assay
- Isolate Leukocytes from whole blood
- Lentivirus Technology
- Membrane Stripping and Reprobing
- Nested RT-PCR
- Nuclear Extract Preparation
- Puromycin Selection for shRNA
- shRNA Transfection
- siRNA Transfection
- Sodium Orthovanadate Activation
- Western Blotting Guide
- Western Blot Optimization
- Zinc Fixation
- ATCC Cell Lines
- Organelle and Lineage Markers
- DOT guidelines
- Fluorochrome Table
- Human Protein Atlas
- Oligo Tm
- 2009-2012: Slatsmandu USA CTO, Santa Cruz CA. Slatsmandu USA produces hand made belts with advanced features.
- 2007-2012: Save our Shores Sanctuary Steward, Santa Cruz CA. Save Our Shores is a non-profit marine conservation organization in Santa Cruz, California whose mission is marine conservation through policy research, education, and citizen involvement.
- 2005-2006: Ride-A-Wave volunteer, Santa Cruz CA. RAW is a Santa Cruz based nonprofit org whose mission is to give children with special needs the chance to feel the thrill of riding a wave and experience a safe, fun-filled day at the beach, whether they are physically, developmentally or economically challenged.
- 2000, MS Biochemistry, University of Missouri-Columbia
- 1997: Summer Youth Camp Counselor for Eagle Lake Camp, Pike Forest CO.
- 1995,1996: Canoe Guide/Interpreter Charles L. Sommers Canoe Base, Ely MN: The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) and Quetico together form a roadless area of about a million acres with deep glacial lakes and densely forested cover.
J Biol Chem. 2004 Feb 27;279(9):8212-8. Epub 2003 Dec 11. Src homology 3 binding sites in the P2Y2 nucleotide receptor interact with Src and regulate activities of Src, proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2, and growth factor receptors. Liu J, Liao Z, Camden J, Griffin KD, Garrad RC, Santiago-Pérez LI, González FA, Seye CI, Weisman GA, Erb L.
J Cell Biol. 2001 Apr 30;153(3):491-501. An RGD sequence in the P2Y(2) receptor interacts with alpha(V)beta(3) integrins and is required for G(o)-mediated signal transduction. Erb L, Liu J, Ockerhausen J, Kong Q, Garrad RC, Griffin K, Neal C, Krugh B, Santiago-Pérez LI, González FA, Gresham HD, Turner JT, Weisman GA.