User:Leslie Ann Roldan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 12-113
- Office hours: By appointment
Writing instructor for 20.109. Lecturer II in the Writing Across the Curriculum program at MIT, and Executive Director of the Cell Decision Process Center, an NIH Center of Excellence in Systems Biology.
Background and Education
- 2001, PhD (Biology), MIT
- 1992, BA (English), Stanford
Prior to coming to MIT's WAC program in 2005, I was a scientific editor who commissioned and edited biology college-level text and articles for the web. I currently teach primarily in the Biology department, and my scholarly research focuses on how students develop scientific communication skills through discussion leading.
- Slide:ology by Nancy Duarte
- Presentation Zen Design by Garr Reynolds
- Story by Robert McKee
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud
- A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink