User:Leslie Ann Roldan
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 12-113
- Office hours: By appointment
Writing instructor for 20.109. Lecturer II in the Writing Across the Curriculum program at MIT, and Executive Director of the Cell Decision Process Center, an NIH Center of Excellence in Systems Biology.
Background and Education
- 2001, PhD (Biology), MIT
- 1992, BA (English), Stanford
Prior to coming to MIT's WAC program in 2005, I was a scientific editor who commissioned and edited biology college-level text and articles for the web. I currently teach primarily in the Biology department, and my scholarly research focuses on how students develop scientific communication skills through discussion leading.
Note: many of the resources can fit in other categories. For example, the principles of storytelling apply to both writing and presentations.
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Story by Robert McKee
- The Science of Scientific Writing by George Gopen & Judith Swan
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk and E.B. White
Visualization & Design
- Presentation Zen Design by Garr Reynolds
- Visual Storytelling by Robert Klanten, Sven Ehmann, and Floyd Schulze
- Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud