|Line 35:||Line 35:|
Revision as of 16:35, 27 January 2012
- Matt Hartings
- Department of Chemistry
- American University
- 4400 Massachusetts Ave, NW
- Washington, DC, USA
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am an assistant professor of chemistry at American University. My group's research page can be found here. I have two research projects. The first involves re-engineering hemoglobin and myoglobin into artificial photosynthetic proteins. The second project aims to disrupt cell signaling pathways with the ruhenated-ATP analogues we are making in lab. I am also coordinating a student run laboratory course/research project - AU Biomaterials Design Lab - that is utilizing Open WetWare's interface to keep lab notebooks and organize data and protocols.
- Postdoctoral Fellow at the California Institute of Technology with Harry Gray
- 2005, PhD at Northwestern with Mark Ratner and Thomas Meade
- 2000, BS in Chemistry and Physics at the University of Dayton
- Protein Engineering and Artificial Photosynthesis
- Protein Post-Translational Modifications and Transition Metal-Based Anti-Cancer Compounds
- Biocompatible Materials
- Hartings MR and Fahy D. . pmid:21860452.
- Hartings MR, Kurnikov IV, Dunn AR, Winkler JR, Gray HB, and Ratner MA. . pmid:20161508.
- Barker KD, Eckermann AL, Sazinsky MH, Hartings MR, Abajian C, Georganopoulou D, Ratner MA, Rosenzweig AC, and Meade TJ. . pmid:19788194.
- Hartings MR, Gray HB, and Winkler JR. . pmid:18288832.
- Eckermann AL, Barker KD, Hartings MR, Ratner MA, and Meade TJ. . pmid:16117493.
- Damsbo M, Kinnear BS, Hartings MR, Ruhoff PT, Jarrold MF, and Ratner MA. . pmid:15123828.
- Hartings MR, Kinnear BS, and Jarrold MF. . pmid:12656629.
- Kinnear BS, Hartings MR, and Jarrold MF. . pmid:11960471.
- Kinnear BS, Hartings MR, and Jarrold MF. . pmid:11403597.