(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 12:58, 11 September 2012
|Customize your entry pages
- Prepare serial dilutions of 0.1 M Tris buffer stock solution at the following concentrations: 10 mM, 1 mM, 100 μM, 10 μM.
- Remake Au and BSA stock solutions to check for contamination.
- Resuspend Au/BSA fibers in different concentrations of pH 8 or 10 Tris buffer.
- Protocol for Resuspending Au/BSA Fibers
- Au/BSA solutions were centrifuged at 3000 rpm, 25°C, for 5 min, such that the fibers formed a pellet at the bottom of the centrifuge tube.
- 1 mL of 10 mM pH 8 Tris buffer was added to each pellet and pipetted up and down to resuspend the fibers.
- Step two was repeated with Tris buffer at concentrations of 1 mM, 100 μM, and 10 μM on fibers with arbitrary Au/BSA mole ratios.
- Steps 2 and 3 were repeated with pH 10 Tris buffer.
- UV-vis spectroscopy was conducted on the resuspended fiber solutions.
- Absorbance of AuNP/BSA fibers resuspended in Tris buffer at concentrations of 100 μM, 10 μM, 1 mM, and 10 mM and pH of 8 or 10.
- Please refer to Keyun Wang's entry for observations on making and centrifuging Au/BSA solutions.