- Make solutions of lysozyme and HAuCl4 at mole ratios of lysozyme to Au of 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, 130.
- A 10501 μM solution of HAuCl4 in distilled H2O, made on 2012/09/05 was obtained.
- 5 mL of 70 μM solution of lysozyme in distilled H2O was made.
- Add 0.005 g of lysozyme to 5 mL of distilled H2O.
(70×10-6 M lysozyme)(0.005 L)=3.5×10-7 mol lysozyme
(3.5×10-7 mol)(14300 g/mol)=0.005005 g lysozyme
- Please refer to Dhea Patel's entry for calculations, actual molarity, and exact volumes of water, HAuCl4, and lysozyme solutions added to each test tube to make the Au-lysozyme solutions.