- Obtain ADA protein using HPLC.
- Please refer to the protocol. No changes were made to the protocol and three fractions of ADA were obtained.
- Redo cell transformation.
- Analyze Au-lysozyme samples with UV-vis.
UV-Vis of Au-Lysozyme Solutions
- Au-lysozyme solutions made on 2012/10/31 were obtained.
- Please refer to Dhea Patel's entry for pictures of the solutions.
- It was observed that the 20 and 30 mole ratio Au-lysozyme solutions did not form fibers, while the rest of the solutions contained dark purple fibers. It appeared that more fibers were present as the mole ratio of Au to lysozyme increased, such that the 130 Au-lysozyme solution contained the most fibers.
- A peak at around 530 nm was observed for the following Au-lys solutions: 30, 40, 50, and 60. These peaks are likely due to the presence of gold nanoparticles, based on past work with AuNP formation with BSA.
- It can be inferred that no gold nanoparticles were suspended in solution for the remaining solutions. However, as it was visually observed that fibers had formed in all solutions except those at 20 and 30 mole ratio Au-lys, this implies that both fibers and gold nanoparticles were present in the 40, 50, and 60 mole ratio Au-lys solutions.