- Dilute modified and unmodified (Na-MT)-CuSO4 filtrate solutions for ion chromatography, ion selective electrode, and atomic absorption analysis.
- Conduct ion selective electrode analysis on the solutions.
(Na-MT)-CuSO4 Filtrate Dilutions
- Assume 1.25 g CuSO4 was used to make a ? ppm CuSO4 solution.
- Dilutions of 7.4 and 10 ppm were made for each of the 100% CEC (Na-MT)-CuSO4, 50% CEC (Na-MT)-CuSO4, and (Na-MT)-CuSO4 filtrates for a total of 18 solutions.
Ion Selective Electrode Analysis
- Plug the correct electrode into the SympHony meter.
- Turn the meter on, then press the up/down arrows until ISE and mV appear on the screen.
- Remove the electrode from its storage solution, rinse it with distilled water, then dry it with KimWipes.
- Place the electrode directly into the solution to be analyzed. Alternatively, the solution can be poured into a small vial, into which the electrode can also be placed.
- Let the solution and electrode equilibrate for a set period of time (between 2-5 minutes for the purposes of the following experiment), then press measure.
- Once the measurement is finalized, record the value that appears on the screen.
- Standards of 1 ppm, 2 ppm, 5 ppm, 10 ppm, and 15 ppm ? were analyzed to create a calibration curve.
- The filtrate solutions will be analyzed next week.