- The aim of today was to analyze the following assay solutions via UV/Vis, three times each.
- The first assay solution analyzed, with 10.526μM adenosine, consistently produced peaks with absorbance near 4. As we know from previous experiments and work done by the other group, the absorbance at this concentration shold be below 1.
- After three tests yielded the same results, we began isolating factors to determine why absorbance was so high
- First, we completed the assay with buffer in place of ADA.
- Then we tried using the other group's buffer
- Next, we made new adenosine stock solution and used that
- The peak was still near 4, so we analyzed the cuvette with nothing inside of it. The peak still appeared.
- This indicates that the cuvette was contaminated, with something that would not go away after being washed many times with soap, water and alcohol. The cuvette will go through an acid wash.