< User:Mobeen Ashraf | Notebook/Chem-581 | 2012 | 09
(Difference between revisions)
| Experimental Chemistry
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
- PVOH Glutaraldehyde Film Masses- Would use for Swelling studies
- Determine the maximum concentration of copper ions (Cu2+) in a 20 mg sulfate (SO42-) per liters of water.
PVOH Glutaaraldehyde Film preparation fort swelling studies:
- 0.5 g PVOH, 8 ml millipore water, and 1 ml of glutaraldehyde.
- 0.4 g PVOH, 8 ml millipore water, and 1 ml of glutaraldehyde.
The films were prepared and stored for future experiments on swelling studies.
Determine the maximum Concentration of copper and sodium ions in 1 L of water with given 20 mg of sulfate (SO42-) ions
- (20 mgSO42-/1L H2O) * (1g SO42-/1000 mg) * ( 1mol SO42-/96g SO42-) * (1mol Cu+2/1mol SO42-) * (64 gCu/1mol Cu) = 13.3 mg Cu/L of water
- (20 mgSO42-/1L H2O) * (1g SO42-/1000 mg) * ( 1mol SO42-/96g SO42-) * (2mol Cu+2/1mol SO42-) * (23 g Na/1mol Na) = 9.58 mg Na/L of water
- 20ppm, 10ppm, 5 ppm, 2 ppm, and 0.2 ppm diluted solutions were prepared for CuSO4 and Na2SO4
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.