Objective 1) Swelling Studies of PVOH Film with a molar mass of MW=22,000 g/mol.
Objective 2) 5 - (4,6-dichlorotriazinyl) aminofluoresceine (5-DTFA) Dye Attachment studies.
- mass of PVOH film with glutaraldehyde = 0.6707g. Note: The film was dried effectively before it was weigh.
- mass of PVOH = 0.500 g was placed in a small, 10 ml beaker
- MW of PVOH = 22,000 g/mol
- PVOH was then dissolved in 8 mL of 0.1M NaHCO3 (sodium bicarbonate) buffered solution (at a pH of around 10) for successful deprotination of the dye.
- The entire solution was then heated and stirred at until all of the dye was dissolved
- After that about 1 mg of the dye was added to the resultant solution
- The entire solution was heated up to 1 hour
- Finally, the solution was poured into the big teflon plate and was stored for about 1 week.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.