(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 10:29, 5 April 2013
| Project name
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
- Run diffusion testing on microspheres with dye added 2013/03/20. These microspheres were prepared on 2013/02/20.
- Run DSC of microsphere samples prepared on 2013/03/22
- Decant microsphere samples prepared on 2013/03/29
The general protocol described on 2013/03/01 was followed.
- It was found that the organic safflower oil layer needed to be removed several times. After removing a layer of safflower oil, the microspheres were allowed to sit for 15 minutes, and more oil was then able to be removed.
- Due to the presence of what appeared to be small particles in the safflower oil, the safflower oil layer that was removed from the samples was saved, labeled and parafilmed. The safflower oil layer will be vacuum filtered and obtained solids will be tested using DSC in order to see if there is a difference between the larger spheres that formed at the bottom of the vial and the smaller particles suspended in the safflower oil layer.
- Please refer to Karlena Brown's laboratory notebook 2013/04/03 for any information concerning DSC sample preparation.
A new general protocol for the preparation of