Noppadon Sathitsuksanoh (Tik)
200 Seitz Hall
Biological Systems Engineering Department
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Establishment and application of new genetic engineering tools and expression/secretion systems in Bacillus subtilis, Geobacillus and Brevibacillus brevis.
- Metabolism and metabolic engineering of Bacillus subtilis.
- Enzyme Engineering by directed evolution: A novel powerful and highly efficient Bacillus subtilis platform for cellulase engineering and performance improvement towards natural cellulose substrate has been established.
- Construction of recombinant consolidated bioprocessing (CBP) microorganisms (e.g., Bacillus, Geobacillus and yeast) for one-step production of biocommodities from renewable lignocellulosic materials.
- Synthetic biology and metabolic engineering for biofuel production from biomass.
- Microbiological resources and in situ biodegradation.
- Zhang, X.-Z., Sathitsuksanoh, N.,Zhu, Z. and Zhang, Y.-H. P. (2011) One-step production of lactate from cellulose as sole carbon source without any other organic nutrient by recombinant cellulolytic Bacillus subtilis, under review.
- Myung, S., Zhang, X.-Z., and Zhang, Y.-H. P. (2011) Ultra-stable phosphoglucose isomerase through immobilization of cellulosebinding module-tagged thermophilic enzyme on low-cost high-capacity cellulosic adsorbent, Biotechnology Progress In Press
- Zhang, X.-Z., and Zhang, Y.-H. P. (2011) Simple, fast and high-efficiency transformation system for directed evolution of cellulase in Bacillus subtilis, Microbial Biotechnology 4, 98-105.
- Zhang, X.-Z., Zhang, Z., Zhu, Z., Sathitsuksanoh, N., Yang, Y., and Zhang, Y.-H. P. (2010) The non-cellulosomal family 48 cellobiohydrolase from Clostridium phytofermentans ISDg: heterologous expression, characterization, and processivity, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 86, 525-533.
- Zhang, X.-Z., and Zhang, Y.-H. P. (2010) One-step production of biocommodities from lignocellulosic biomass by recombinant cellulolytic Bacillus subtilis: Opportunities and challenges, Engineering in Life Sciences 10(5):398-406.
- Zhang, X.-Z., Sathitsuksanoh, N., and Zhang, Y.-H. P. (2010) Glycoside hydrolase family 9 processive endoglucanase from Clostridium phytofermentans: heterologous expression, characterization, and synergy with family 48 cellobiohydrolase, Bioresource Technology 101, 5534-5538.
- Liu, W., Zhang, X.-Z., Zhang, Z., and Zhang, Y.-H. P. (2010) Engineering of Clostridium phytofermentans endoglucanase Cel5A for improved thermostability, Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 76, 4914-4917.
- Zhang, X.-Z., Yan, X., Cui, Z. L., Hong, Q., and Li, S. P. (2006) mazF, a novel counter-selectable marker for unmarked chromosomal manipulation in Bacillus subtilis, Nucleic Acids Res 34, e71.
- Zhang, X.-Z., Cui, Z.-L., Hong, Q., and Li, S.-P. (2005) High-level expression and secretion of methyl parathion hydrolase in Bacillus subtilis WB800, Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 71, 4101-4103.
- Cui, Z.-L., Zhang, X.-Z., Zhang, Z.-H., and Li, S.-P. (2004) Construction and application of a promoter trapping vector with methyl parathion hydrolase gene mpd as the reporter, Biotechnology Letters 26, 1115-1118.