I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Pakpoom (Ton) Subsoontorn
- Ph.D student, Bioengineering Stanford
- Address: 73 Barnes Apartment 106 Stanford CA 94305
- Phone: (626)-375-2764
- Email: tons[at]stanford.edu, pakpoomTon[at]gmail.com
- Official Website
- I'm on facebook and hi5, just search my full name. There is only one pakpoom subsoontorn!
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2008-, MS/PhD, Bioengineering, Stanford University
- 2004-2008, BS (Biology and Computer Science), California Institute of Technology
Past Research Projects
- In vitro self-activating Switch (at Winfree Lab, Caltech)
- Single-cell studies of bacterial transcriptional regulation (at | Phillips Lab, Caltech)
- Biophysics of bacterial cell shapes (at | Haung Lab, Stanford)
- In fall 2008, as a rotation student, I helped prof. KC Huang set up a new at Stanford. I started pilot projects related to biophysics of bacterial cell shape. The projects include 1) using light microscope and quantitative image analysis to study how E.coli cells convert between rod shape and nearly spherical shape during the transition between exponential growth phase and stationery phase, 2) studying the mechanics of E.coli cell wall cracking induced by antibiotic vancomysin, 3) designing a microfluidic device for culturing and imaging the lineage of rod-shape bacteria.
- Protein structural determination with mulitple FRET distance constraints (at |Quake Lab, Stanford)
- In winter 2009, as a rotation student, I worked on project to develop a new techniques for determining protein structure by measuring intramolecular distances using FRET. The idea is to label different pairs of amino acid residues on a protein with fluorescent donor an acceptor, measure FRET efficiency and infer the distances between each pair. The measured distances will be used as constraints to reconstruct the shape of the protein
Current Research Projects
- Designs and performance analysis of genetically encoded combinatorial counter . (at | Endy Lab, Stanford)
- KMUTT's Thai iGEM
- . (my version of BioE core class)