(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 03:58, 8 October 2008
| Project name
|| Main project page|
Course: Molecular and cellular bioengineering (new syllabus)
- I'm taking this core-class with this title for my bioengineering master. The class
is poorly organized and fail to address the 'engineering perspective for biological system' as stated in the syllabus.
- I would like to re-write the class syllabus as you'll see below.
- Why do we want to engineer biological systems? How could this particular research be applied to medicine, agriculture or being used as basic research tools. While many bioengineering projects are still at the level of basic science, the students should be able to perceive the useful end-product of them.
- How to engineer biological systems and biomolecule? From designing new protein to genetic engineering to metabolic engineering, the students will be exposed to the current tools and challenges in engineering at these different level.
- In a group of 3-4 people, students write-up the research proposal and present
to the class at the end of the term
- why engineering biology?
- what are the different levels of engineering