User:Rene M Davis
I am a graduate student in the Biological Design Graduate Program at Arizona State University. I am mentored by Dr. Karmella Haynes in the School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering.
René M Davis
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, USA
Send me an email at Rene.Davis at ASU dot edu
- 2017 (expected), PhD in Biological Design, Arizona State University
- 2008, BS in Biology, California Institute of Technology
- 2011-2012, Rotation student in Dr. Julian Chen's lab
- 2009-2010, Research Associate at The Scripps Research Institute, Dr. Kevin Morris’ lab, Delivery of therapeutic RNA-aptamer constructs to alter HIV expression.
- 2009, Intern at City of Hope, Dr. John Rossi’s lab, Design of siRNAs and DNA constructs for therapeutic use against HIV latency.
- 2004, Lab Tech, Adamson Analytical Labs, Gas and high performance liquid chromatography lab procedures.
- Teaching Assistant for Cold Spring Harbor Synthetic Biology Course, 2013
- Grant Reviewer for Graduate Research Support Program, 2012
- ASU International Genetically Engineered Machines Competition (iGEM) Team, 2012
- Biomedical Engineering (BME) Undergraduate Program: Amanda Ispas, 2012-present
- Bioscience High School Internship Program: Ernesto Luna, 2012-present
- Tutored high school and college students in math and science for eight years.
- Trained undergraduate students in molecular biology lab techniques at Scripps.
- Synthetic Biology
- AHL quorum sensing
- Metabolic Engineering
- Moe-Behrens GHG, Davis RM, Haynes KA. (2013) Preparing synthetic biology for the world. Front. in Microbio. PMCID: PMC3554958