Part A (prepare a film)
- Prepare a film by adding 0.5 g of PVOH (MW:22000) + 8 ml of water.
- Place in to a teflon plate and let it dry under the hood.
Part B (X-Ray measurements for NaMT made on 12/09/2012 )
- X-ray measurement of 100% exchanged Na.MT(clay)
- X-ray measurements of 50% exchanged Na.MT(clay)
Part C (Solubility of films made on 19/09/2012)
- Place gluteraldhyde fixed solution prepared on 19/09/2012 in to 2 seperate beaker.
- When temperature reached to 70C, add the films to each beaker.
* Film 1: 0.5g of PVOH, 6ml of water, 1 ml of gluteraldhyde.
* Film 2: 0.4 g PVOH, 6 ml of water and 0.1 g of PDMS, 1ml of gluteraldhyde
- Place in to 1%HCL solution for half an hour.
Part C (Dilutions of CuSO4 & Na2SO4 made on 19/09/2012)
- Prepare 5 dilutions for CuSO4 and Na2SO4.
- Falcon tube 1: 10ml of 20ppm of the solution
- Falcon tube 2: get 1 ml from Falcon tube 1 and place it to the Falcon tube 2. Add 9 ml of water.
- Falcon tube 3: get 1 ml from Falcon tube 2 and place it to the Falcon tube 3. Add 9 ml of water.
- Falcon tube 4: get 1 ml from Falcon tube 3 and place it to the Falcon tube 4. Add 9 ml of water.
- Falcon tube 5: get 1 ml from Falcon tube 4 and place it to the Falcon tube 5. Add 9 ml of water.
X-Ray graph for Clay sample
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.