Part 1: Prepare hydrogels
1)0.5g PVOH (MW:22,000) + 6 ml water
2)0.5 PVOH (MW:89,000-98,000) + 6 ml water
3)0.5g PVOH (MW:130,000) + 6 ml of water
4)0.5g PVOH (MW:146,000-186,000) + 6ml of water
- 0.5 g of PVOH was mixed with 6ml of water then was placed in to a hot plate with temperature of 90C. The solution was stirred and kept on the hot plate until PVOH was completely dissolved. The beaker was placed in to a freezer (at -20C)for 24 hours. After 24 hours, they removed from the freezer and stayed at room temperature for 24 hours. This is called freezing and thawing method. The cycle was repeated for 3 times.
- placed into -20C at 10:10 for 1) and 2), 3), and 4) at 10:20.
Part 2: Prepare Hydrogels with 0.5mM of R6G dye
- 0.00479 g of R6G dissolved in 10 ml of ethanol.(1mM)
- take 10 micL and 9.99ml ethanol to make 1micM R6G.
1)0.5g of 22,000 + 6 ml water
2)0.5 of 89,000-98,000 + 6 ml water
3)0.5g of 130,000 + 6 ml of water
4)0.5g of 146,000-186,000 + 6ml of water
- 0.5 g of PVOH was mixed with 6ml of water then was placed in to a hot plate with temperature of 90C. The solution was stirred and kept on the hot plate until PVOH was completely dissolved.Once it was completely dissolved, 6μ of R6G in to each beaker was added then they were placed in to a freezer (at -20C)for 24 hours.The freezing and thawing method was repeated. 3 cycles were used.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.