I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Stephen Watt
- Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute
- Li Ka Shing Centre
- Robinson Way
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 1998, BSc Biology, University of Paisley, Scotland
- 1999-2000 Joined the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute working in one of the human genome project sequencing teams. After the rough draft party and the hangover passed i thought it was time to look for a new job.
- 2000-2003 Worked in the laboratory of Professor Mike Stratton at the WTSI seraching for mutations and deletions in various cancer tumours.
- 2003-2009 Worked in the laboratory of Professor Jurg Bahler at the WTSI, where we studied the transcriptional regulation of the fission yeast S.pombe using many different genomics approaches.
- 2009-today Left the WTSI after 10 years to move accross town to the lab of Dr Duncan Odom at the Cambridge Research Institute. Here we study transcriptional regulation using hight throughput sequencing and using evolution as our model.
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. . pmid:6947258.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.