User:Stuart McKellar/Notebook/Bird Sex Testing/2012/11/19
|Project name|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Aim: To amplify the CHD gene using P2/P8 primers.
Method: I tried to follow the protocal listed in the paper that I initially read that uses P2/P8 primers. We used the following concentrations in the tubes
PCR reaction tube:
to 25ul H2O
The dNTPs were not added until after the PCR had started. They were added and the reaction was restarted. PCR settings were:
This may not be accurate as the reaction was restarted at 66C. This shouldn't be too much of a problem though. The reaction may not work because the fidelity of the Taq may have been reduced due to the reaction going twice.
One of the reaction tubes may have had too much master mix added. I marked this tube with an X.
Results: To be determined via agar gel electrophoresis.