User:Whitney L. Stoppel
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Whitney L. Stoppel
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- 159 Goessmann Lab
- 686 N. Pleasant St.
- Amherst, MA, 01003 USA
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Roberts Lab in the Chemical Engineering Department at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I learned about OpenWetWare from a colleague, and I've joined because my advisor, Susan C. Roberts, suggested that I create and edit our group website.
- 2014 (expected), PhD, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- 2012, Graduate Certificate in Cellular Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- 2008, BS in Engineering, Tulane University
- My research is in the field of biomaterials and tissue engineering. Specifically, I focus on methods to enhance oxygen transport to mammalian cells in both 2-D and 3-D cell cultures. Currently, my biomaterial of choice is algiante, a natural biopolymer derived from brown algae.
- Tissue Engineering
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Stoppel WL, White JC, Horava SD, Bhatia SR, and Roberts SC. . pmid:21798381.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.