User:William J. Gibson
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- William J. Gibson
- 362 Memorial Drive, Cambridge MA 02139
- Contact me at wgibson at mit period/dot edu
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- I work in the Edelman Lab at MIT. I learned about OpenWetWare from My instructors at MIT, and I've joined because of 20.109.
- I'm from Natick MA, and enjoy sports, research, reading, learning generally, hanging with my friends, trying to make myself and the world better. My favorite kind of ice cream is the now retired Ben and Jerry's ® One Sweet Whirled.
S.B Candidate Biological Engineering - MIT
S.B Candidate Philosophy - MIT (might only minor)
- Cardiology (in-vitro models of thrombosis, PCI, coagulation, endothelialization, treating atherosclerosis)
- Drug Delivery: Finding ways to deliver drug locally.
- Aging: I watched this documentary on PBS about SIR-2 which was pretty cool.
Error fetching PMID 17000630:
Error fetching PMID 12943884:
- Error fetching PMID 18222256:
- Error fetching PMID 17000630:
- Error fetching PMID 12943884:
Ciaglo LN, Karmpaliotis D, Olenchock ,Jr. SA, Gibson WJ, Buros JL, Perez L, Lew M, Harrington RA, Mack MJ, Ferguson, Jr. TB, Kouchoukos NT, Alexander JH, Gibson CM. Rate of TIMI flow grade 3 in saphenous vein grafts (SVG) and native coronary arteries across varying vein graft diameters at 1 year.nd
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2008
Year of Graduation
wgibson AT mit DOT edu
Have you taken
7.06 (Cell Biology)
7.02 (General Biology Lab)
5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)
Have you taken any of these classes? Currently taking 7.05 Do you have any experience culturing cells (mammalian, yeast or microbial)?
No Do you have any experience in molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)?
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
In high school I worked in a lab that did quantitative coronary angiography for clinical trials. Now, I work at the Edelman Lab on in-vitro models of thrombosis so while I feel comfortable in lab, I am not familiar with the techniques we will learn.
Anything else you would like us to know?
I'm currently reading Mountains Beyond Mountains, The Cathedral Within, and Portnoy's Complaint. I might have trouble focusing.