I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Yiannis Kaznessis
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- University of Minnesota
- 421 Washington Ave SE
- Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
- Email me through OpenWetWare
In my group we are interested in computational synthetic biology. We are developing the Synthetic Biology Software Suite, a publicly available software suite that assists in rationally designing synthetic gene regulatory networks. We combine components from BioBricks to generate networks of biomolecular reactions. We combine stochastic-discrete, stochastic-continuous and continuous-deterministic models to simulate these reaction networks. Version 1.0.1 is available on Sourceforge.net . We are now incorporating the connection with BioBricks.
In recent work, we developed multiscale models of gene regulatory networks with synthetic biology applications.Simulations have been used that model all biomolecular interactions in transcription, translation, regulation, and induction of gene regulatory networks, guiding the design of synthetic systems.
We are also participating in the iGEM competition. We are developing computer-aided designs of a comparator, an important component of control systems and implementing them in the lab.
- 1999, PhD, University of Notre Dame
- 1994, BS, Aristotle University in Thessaloniki
- Statistical mechanics (yes, it can be fun!)
- Synthetic biology
- Computer simulations
Computational Synthetic Biology Publications
- Kaznessis YN. . pmid:17986347.
- Sotiropoulos V and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:18190181.
- Sotiropoulos V and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:17408514.
- Salis H and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:17200605.
- Tomshine J and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:16920827.
- Salis H, Sotiropoulos V, and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:16504125.
- Salis H and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:16356038.
- Salis H and Kaznessis Y. . pmid:15740306.
- Tuttle LM, Salis H, Tomshine J, and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:16183880.