- Yiannis Kaznessis
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- University of Minnesota
- 421 Washington Ave SE
- Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
- Email me through OpenWetWare
In my group we are interested in computational synthetic biology. We are developing the Synthetic Biology Software Suite, a publicly available software suite that assists in rationally designing synthetic gene regulatory networks. We combine components from BioBricks to generate networks of biomolecular reactions. We combine stochastic-discrete, stochastic-continuous and continuous-deterministic models to simulate these reaction networks. Version 1.0.2 is available on Sourceforge.net . We are now incorporating the connection with BioBricks.
In recent work (Ramalingam, KI, Tomshine, JR, Maynard, JA, Kaznessis YN. " Forward engineering of synthetic bio-logical AND gates" Biochemical Engineering Journal, 2009, 47(1-3):38-47), we used multiscale models of gene regulatory networks to design, build and test bio-logical AND gates.
We are also participating in the iGEM competition. We were awarded a Gold Medal in 2009 for SynBioSS work.
- 1999, PhD, University of Notre Dame
- 1994, BS, Aristotle University in Thessaloniki
- Statistical mechanics (yes, it can be fun!)
- Synthetic biology
- Computer simulations
Computational Synthetic Biology Publications
- Kaznessis YN. . pmid:19830714.
- Sotiropoulos V, Contou-Carrere MN, Daoutidis P, and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:19644174.
- Hill AD, Tomshine JR, Weeding EM, Sotiropoulos V, and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:18757873.
- Kaznessis YN. . pmid:17986347.
- Sotiropoulos V and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:18190181.
- Sotiropoulos V and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:17408514.
- Salis H and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:17200605.
- Tomshine J and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:16920827.
- Salis H, Sotiropoulos V, and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:16504125.
- Salis H and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:16356038.
- Salis H and Kaznessis Y. . pmid:15740306.
- Tuttle LM, Salis H, Tomshine J, and Kaznessis YN. . pmid:16183880.