- Peng Xu
- Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Chemical and Biological Engieering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 110 Eighth Street
- Troy, NY 12180, USA.
- pxu999 at gmail dot com
I work in the Koffas Lab at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Before we moved to RPI at February 2011, I have studied at the State University of New York at Buffalo] for two and a half years. My research interests include creating novel microbial platforms for producing flavonoids and fatty acids through a combination of metabolic engineering and synthetic biology approach.
- December 2012 (expected),PhD in Metabolic Engineering,Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 2006, MS in Biochemical Engineering, Jiangnan University (Formerly Southern Yangtze University)
- 2003, BS in Biotechnology, Jiangnan University (Formerly Southern Yangtze University)
- Metabolic engineering
- Synthetic biology
- Natural Products/Biofuels
- Biochemical/Bioprocess engineering
- Xu, Peng; Vansiri, Amerin; Bhan, Namita; Koffas, Mattheos A.G. ePathBrick: A synthetic biology platform for engineering metabolic pathways in E. coli. ACS Synthetic Biology, In Press.
- Xu, Peng; Ranganathan, Sridhar; Fowler, Zachary; Maranas, Costas D.; Koffas, Mattheos A.G. Genome-scale metabolic network modeling results in minimal interventions that cooperatively force carbon flux towards malonyl-CoA. Metabolic Engineering Volume: 13 Issue: 5 Pages: 578-587. PDF
- Xu, Peng; Koffas, Mattheos A. G. Metabolic engineering of Escherichia coli for biofuel production, Biofuels Volume: 1 Issue: 3 Pages: 493-504. PDF
- Zhang, Liang; Ding, Zhongyang; Xu, Peng; et al. Methyl lucidenate F isolated from the ethanol-soluble-acidic components of Ganoderma lucidum is a novel tyrosinase inhibitor,Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering Volume: 16 Issue: 3 Pages: 457-461. PDF
- Xu, Peng; Ding, ZY; Qian, Z; et al. Improved production of mycelial biomass and ganoderic acid by submerged culture of Ganoderma lucidum SB97 using complex media, Enzyme and Microbial Technology Volume: 42 Issue: 4 Pages: 325-331. PDF
- Zhang, TX; Xu, P; Sun, J; et al. Identification of Biological Wort Turbidity Caused by Microbial Contamination of Gairdner Barley, Journal of the American Society of Brewing Chemists Volume: 67 Issue: 1 Pages: 33-37