Jfuller 11:34, 23 October 2007 (CDT)
I can't seem to create an IGem account from the following page: http://parts.mit.edu/igem07/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Main_Page
- The link at the top right is recursive and doesn't actually provide access to sign-up.
- I was, however able to apply for an account by navigating thought he help wiki and trying to post a topic.
Jfuller 12:31, 18 May 2007 (EDT)
I'm looking for suggestions for coursework or activities that would help me apply to a program focused on syntheticBio at MIT. I'm currently a Harvard Employee at working on MIT campus at the Broad Institute, so it's less expensive for me to take courses at the Harvard Extension School, but not impossible for me to get MIT courses subsidized. Sometime within the next year, my employment should be transferred to MIT, hopefully thereby making MIT courses more accessible.
- Reshma 15:34, 19 May 2007 (EDT): There are not a lot of courses currently taught in synthetic biology. At MIT, there is a lab class 20.109 and a project-based class under development for spring called 20.20. There are also likely some classes at Harvard but I don't know the course numbers offhand. There is also the international Genetically Engineered Machines competition which is another way to get involved (i.e. start a new team or join an existing one). Finally, you are also welcome to attend the weekly SBWG lunches held at MIT.
Jfuller 15:38, 21 May 2007 (EDT)
Cool, I added my self to the email list and likely will see you at lunch tomorrow.
16 May 2007 (EDT)
Creating a protocol isn't straight forward. It seems to me that the only way to correctly generate a new page is by linking to one that hasn't been created yet. Therefore, here is my first protocol.
- Reshma 13:54, 16 May 2007 (EDT): Yes that's true. Or can you go into the search box, type in the name of your page. And then click the "create this page" link that comes up to create a page with that name. We're still working on figuring out the best way to teach users about how to post protocols on OWW. We'd welcome any ideas you have. Also, check out the template for writing protocols at Protocols/Template.
Thanks. It seemed that this needed to be spelled out somewhere. I took the liberty to write a quick how to then changed the link titled "Add a new lab- or person-specific protocol" under the "Contributing protocols" heading on the main page to point to it.
- Reshma 21:37, 16 May 2007 (EDT): Awesome! :)