WangLab:Alignment of Microscopy
Alignment of Microscopy
- Align the lights, adjust the knob in the light house to position the light in the center.
- Align the field.
- switch eyepiece to O.
- close down the field aperture.
- Adjust the knobs to center the field in the center and enlarge it to see whether it can fulfill the field.
- Align the phase ring.
- switch the eyepiece to Boucher, adjust the knob in the eyepiece until see a sharp and clear image.
- use hand to manually adjust the phase ring until it is centered.
- Switch the eyepiece to O again, adjust the condenser height.
Taking Images with time lapse video function:
- Turn on microscopy, slide the filter to direct the light to a correct camera, turn on controllers, monitor
- In the mac computer, go to scion image->special->load macros->time lapse video.txt
- Special->start capture->select regions of interest (alt-A for the whole image)->special->save->select numbers of frames based on calculation->select the time intervals->save