Wikiomics:Multiple sequence alignment
Multiple sequence alignment is widely used in the sequence analysis. It is more reliable, and hosts more information than derived from BLAST multiple pairwise alignment. The MSA allows for identification of common regions between proteins (including motifs), finding conserved residues and analysis of evolutionary relationships between sequences.
Software producing the multiple sequence alignment
Analysis of conservation in the multiple sequence alignment
Databases of multiple sequence alignments
- Thompson JD, Higgins DG, and Gibson TJ. . pmid:7984417.
- Do CB, Mahabhashyam MS, Brudno M, and Batzoglou S. . pmid:15687296.
- Edgar RC. . pmid:15034147.
- Katoh K, Kuma K, Toh H, and Miyata T. . pmid:15661851.
- Lassmann T and Sonnhammer EL. . pmid:16343337.
- Pei J, Sadreyev R, and Grishin NV. . pmid:12584134.
- Roberts E, Eargle J, Wright D, and Luthey-Schulten Z. . pmid:16914055.
- Pei J and Grishin NV. . pmid:11524371.