Brief biographical sketch
Born in Jerusalem and raised in metro Detroit, I received my MA from the College of the Atlantic in 2004. While there, I worked with Kevin Flurkey in David Harrison's group at the Jackson Lab, beginning my life as a research scientist. I am now a graduate student with Mike Wade and Leonie Moyle in the department of biology at Indiana University. If all goes according to plan, I will graduate in the summer of 2010!!!
I am broadly interested in evolution and genetics, as well as development and ecology, and I do not believe that these fields are very distinct from one another.
I usually gravitate towards problems involving interactions among individuals, genes, levels of selection, or interactions between genes and the environment. Below, I briefly discuss a few specific topics
I play both racquetball and squash regularly and basketball less often. I like to drink bourbon and beer and eat most things. I enjoy much music, but old-timey music is the only thing that gets me dancing. In addition to various Detroit sports, I enjoy watching Chuck, Dexter, and 24. Most of my readings are technical things about ecology, evolution and genetics, but I do also enjoy reading popular science and the history of science.
- Brandvain Y and Wade MJ. . pmid:19448273.
- Wade MJ and Brandvain Y. . pmid:19154382.
- Flurkey K, Brandvain Y, Klebanov S, Austad SN, Miller RA, Yuan R, and Harrison DE. . pmid:18000137.
- Brandvain Y and Wade MJ. . pmid:17961250.
- Brandvain Y, Barker MS, and Wade MJ. . pmid:17379800.
- Brandvain Y and Haig D. . pmid:16224688.
- Yaniv Brandvain, Indiana University, Department of Biology. 1001 E 3rd St. Bloomington, IN 47405.
- Email me through OpenWetWare or at ybrandvain via google mail.