The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, |
is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...' - Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
- "Semi-interpenetrating network of polyethylene glycol and photocrosslinkable chitosan as an in-situ forming nerve adhesive", by Zohreh Amoozgar, Todd Rickett, Joonyoung Park, Chad Tuchek, Riyi Shi, and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in Acta Biomaterialia (1/16/12).
- "Zwitterionic Chitosan Derivative, a New Biocompatible Pharmaceutical Excipient, Prevents Endotoxin-mediated Cytokine Release", by Gaurav Bajaj, William van Alstine, and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in PLOS One (12/23/11).
- Zohreh Amoozgar, eh-hmm, Dr. Amoozgar celebrates commencement. Congratulations!! (12/18/11)
- Emily Gullotti receives the Chorafas Foundation Award (12/9/11). Congratulations!!
- "Hyaluronic acid-based hydrogel for regional delivery of paclitaxel to intraperitoneal tumors", by Gaurav Bajaj, Mi Ran Kim, Sulma Mohammed, and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in Journal of Controlled Release (12/4/11).
- Basma Ibrahim and Zohreh Amoozgar receive Purdue Graduate Student Government (PGSG) Travel Grants. This award provides partial support for their participation in the 2011 AAPS Annual meeting. We appreciate the support of the PGSG and the Graduate School. Congratulations, Basma & Zohreh! (11/26/11)
- "Recent advances in stealth coating of nanoparticle drug delivery systems", a review article by Zohreh Amoozgar and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in WIREs Nanomedicine & Nanobiotechnology. Congratulations! (11/25/11)
- Zohreh Amoozgar receives a Graduate Student Award at the 2011 American Society of Iranian Pharmaceutical Scientists (ASIPS), a branch of AAPS (10/23/11). Congratulations!
- Zohreh Amoozgar receives the 2011 Jenkins-Knevel Award for Outstanding Graduate Research. Her accomplishment will be recognized at a special Graduate Student Awards Symposium to be held on Thursday, November 3rd, at 3:30 p.m. in LAWSON 1142. Congratulations to Zohreh for receiving this honorable recognition! (10/4/11)
- The Yeo Lab is moving to MSEE 341, 345, and 349 (8/25/11). This move is part of the Departmental effort to prepare the ground floor, home for many IPPH labs, for the long-overdue renovation. We appreciate the continued support of alumni and friends of IPPH for the renovation!
- Karen Liu AND Zohreh Amoozgar receive the 2011-2012 Ronald W. Dollens Graduate Scholarships. Congratulations! (8/26/11)
- Zohreh Amoozgar receives the Bilsland Dissertation Fellowship, which will support completion of her Ph.D. study. Congratulations! (8/15/11)
- Emily Gullotti receives a $300 travel grant from the Purdue local section of the American Chemical Society, which will partially support her travel to BMES meeting in October. Congratulations! (8/15/11)
- Karen Liu wins the Excellent Student Poster Award for the I/ODG symposium (Indianapolis, 8/9/11). Karen's poster is entitled "pH-Activatable Nanoparticles for Tumor-Specific Drug Delivery". Congratulations! (8/3/11).
- "A strategy to delivery genes to cystic fibrosis lungs: A battle with environment", by Basma Ibrahim, Seungman Park, Bumsoo Han, and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in Journal of Controlled Release (7/29/11).
- Emily Gullotti wins the second place in 2011 BMEGSA poster presentation. Congrats! (7/28/11)
- Basma Ibrahim receives AFPE (American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education) Pre-doctoral Fellowship in the Pharmaceutical Sciences for 2011-2012. Congratulations! (6/24/11)
- (Belated) congratulations! Joonyoung Park, working with Zohreh Amoozgar, won 3rd place in Life Science in the Undergraduate Research Poster Symposium. (4/15/11) Job well done!
- Congratulations! Basma Ibrahim receives continued support of pre-doctoral fellowship from the Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI) of Indiana. (5/9/11)
- Hillary Holback receives a Migliaccio-Pfizer Graduate Fellowship, which provides a year of support for Hillary’s graduate research. Congratulations! (4/28/11)
- Group meeting: Monday 9:30AM unless announced otherwise. Please check the schedule.
- 2011 Summer Journal clubs: Starting on 5/27/11, every other week at 9AM. Breakfast will be served. See the presentation schedule.
- Dr. Hae Yun Choi joins the group as a visiting scholar. Welcome! (9/20/11)
- Sailun You joins the group for undergraduate research. She works with Emily. Welcome aboard! (Fall 2011)
- Gaurav Bajaj starts a new position at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Good luck! Visit us again soon! (6/10/11)
- Johann (John) Weidle joins the group as an undergrad intern for 2011 summer. John works with Zohreh. Welcome aboard!
- Dr. Eunjung Cho joins the group as a post-doctoral research scientist. Welcome aboard! (5/2/11)