The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, |
is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...' - Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
- "Semi-interpenetrating network of polyethylene glycol and photocrosslinkable chitosan as an in-situ forming nerve adhesive", by Zohreh Amoozgar, Todd Rickett, Joonyoung Park, Chad Tuchek, Riyi Shi, and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in Acta Biomaterialia (1/16/12).
- "Zwitterionic Chitosan Derivative, a New Biocompatible Pharmaceutical Excipient, Prevents Endotoxin-mediated Cytokine Release", by Gaurav Bajaj, William van Alstine, and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in PLOS One (12/23/11).
- Zohreh Amoozgar, eh-hmm, Dr. Amoozgar celebrates commencement. Congratulations!! (12/18/11)
- Emily Gullotti receives the Chorafas Foundation Award (12/9/11). Congratulations!!
- "Hyaluronic acid-based hydrogel for regional delivery of paclitaxel to intraperitoneal tumors", by Gaurav Bajaj, Mi Ran Kim, Sulma Mohammed, and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in Journal of Controlled Release (12/4/11).
- Basma Ibrahim and Zohreh Amoozgar receive Purdue Graduate Student Government (PGSG) Travel Grants. This award provides partial support for their participation in the 2011 AAPS Annual meeting. We appreciate the support of the PGSG and the Graduate School. Congratulations, Basma & Zohreh! (11/26/11)
- "Recent advances in stealth coating of nanoparticle drug delivery systems", a review article by Zohreh Amoozgar and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in WIREs Nanomedicine & Nanobiotechnology. Congratulations! (11/25/11)
- Zohreh Amoozgar receives a Graduate Student Award at the 2011 American Society of Iranian Pharmaceutical Scientists (ASIPS), a branch of AAPS (10/23/11). Congratulations!
- Zohreh Amoozgar receives the 2011 Jenkins-Knevel Award for Outstanding Graduate Research. Her accomplishment will be recognized at a special Graduate Student Awards Symposium to be held on Thursday, November 3rd, at 3:30 p.m. in LAWSON 1142. Congratulations to Zohreh for receiving this honorable recognition! (10/4/11)
- The Yeo Lab is moving to MSEE 341, 345, and 349 (8/25/11). This move is part of the Departmental effort to prepare the ground floor, home for many IPPH labs, for the long-overdue renovation. We appreciate the continued support of alumni and friends of IPPH for the renovation!
- Karen Liu AND Zohreh Amoozgar receive the 2011-2012 Ronald W. Dollens Graduate Scholarships. Congratulations! (8/26/11)
- Group meeting: Monday 9:30AM unless announced otherwise. Please check the schedule.
- 2012 Spring Journal clubs: Every other Friday at 9AM. Breakfast will be served. See the presentation schedule.
- Dr. Kyung Oh (Kevin) Doh joins the group as a visiting scholar. Welcome! (3/1/12)
- Bo Sun (Oct. 2011), Dr. Jinhyun Lee (Jan. 2012), and Sara Abouelmagd (Jan. 2012) join the group. Welcome aboard!
- Dr. Zohreh Amoozgar returned to Iran after successful completion of a Ph.D. degree. Good luck! (Dec. 2011)
- Dr. Hae Yun (Harrison) Choi joins the group as a visiting scholar. Welcome! (9/20/11)