The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, |
is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...' - Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
- Drs. Emily Gullotti and Basma Ibrahim celebrated at the commencement ceremony. Congratulations!! We are proud of you! (5/13/12)
- "Beyond the imaging: Limitations of cellular uptake study in the evaluation of nanoparticles." by Emily Gullotti and Yoon Yeo is accepted for publication in Journal of Controlled Release (4/29/12).
- Hillary Holback receives the PRF graduate fellowship. Congratulations! (4/10/12)
- "Low molecular-weight chitosan as a pH-sensitive stealth coating for tumor-specific drug delivery" by Zohreh Amoozgar, Joonyoung Park, Qingnuo Lin, and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in Molecular Pharmaceutics (4/10/12).
- "Semi-interpenetrating network of polyethylene glycol and photocrosslinkable chitosan as an in-situ forming nerve adhesive", by Zohreh Amoozgar, Todd Rickett, Joonyoung Park, Chad Tuchek, Riyi Shi, and Yoon Yeo, is accepted for publication in Acta Biomaterialia (1/16/12).
- Group meeting: Monday 9:30AM unless announced otherwise. Please check the schedule.
- 2012 Summer Journal clubs: Every other Friday at 9AM. Breakfast will be served. See the presentation schedule.
- Our alumni start at new positions! Dr. Gullotti at Merck, Dr. Ibrahim at Fresenius-Kabi North America, and Dr. Amoozgar soon to be at Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.
- Dr. Hae Yun (Harrison) Choi returns to Korea after a year of sabbatical leave spent at Purdue. Good bye, Dr. Choi! We will have Angus burgers whenever we miss you :) (7/31/12)
- Drs. Emily Gullotti and Basma Ibrahim leave the group after successful completion of their Ph.D. degrees. (May 2012)
- Dr. Kyung Oh (Kevin) Doh joins the group as a visiting scholar. Welcome! (3/1/12)
- Bo Sun (Oct. 2011), Dr. Jinhyun (Hannah) Lee (Jan. 2012), and Sara Abouelmagd (Jan. 2012) join the group. Welcome aboard!
- Dr. Zohreh Amoozgar returned to Iran after successful completion of a Ph.D. degree. Good luck! (Dec. 2011)