Yoon Sung Nam
Ph.D. Course, Biological Engineering Division, MIT
M.S., Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
B.S., Department of Chemical Engineering, Seoul National University, South Korea
Dupont Fellowship, MIT-DMA Alliance, MIT Biological Engineering (2004)
Outstanding Poster Award Winner, the 5th International Conference on Advanced Polymers via Macromolecular Engineering, Montreal, Quebec (2003)
Japan-Korea Biomaterials Research Young Investigator's Award, the 20th Annual Meeting of Japanese Society for Biomaterials, Makuhari, Chiba, Japan (1998)
- JS Lee, YS Nam, BY Kang, SH Han, IS Chang, Vitamin A microencapsulation within poly(methyl methacrylate)-g-polyethylenimine microspheres: localized proton buffering effect on vitamin A stability, Journal of Applied Polymer Science (2004) 92, 517-522.
- YS Nam*, KJ Kim, HS Kang, TG Park, SH Han, and IS Chang, Chemical immobilization of retinoic acid within poly(-caprolactone) nanoparticles based on drug-polymer bioconjugates, Journal of Applied Polymer Science (2003) 89, 1631-1637.
- YS Nam, HS Kang, JY Park, TG Park, SH Han, IS Chang, New micelle-like polymer aggregates composed of PEI-PLGA diblock copolymers: micellar characteristics and cellular uptake, Biomaterials (2003) 24, 2053-5059.
- YC Sim, YS Nam, YH Shin, ES Shin, SJ Kim, IS Chang, JS Rhee*, Proteolytic enzyme conjugated to SC-glucan as an enzymatic transdermal drug penetration enhancer, Die Pharmazie (2003) 58, 252-256.
- YS Nam*, JW Kim, SH Han, IS Chang, Poly(acrylate-co-vinylacetate) adhesive patch for sustained dermal delivery of vitamin A, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry (2003) 9, 2, 153-158.
- YS Nam, JY Park, SH Han, IS Chang, Intracellular drug delivery using poly(D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles derivatized with a peptide from a transcriptional activator protein of HIV-1, Biotechnology Letters (2002) 24, 2093-2098.
- SS Kwon, YS Nam, JS Lee, BS Ku, SH Han, JY Lee, IS Chang, Preparation and characterization of coenzyme Q10-loaded PMMA nanoparticles by a new emulsification process based on microfluidization, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspect (2002) 210, 95-104.
- HS Kang, SS Kwon, YS Nam, SH Han, IS Chang, Zeta potential determination of polymeric nanoparticles by conductivity variation method, Journal of Colloids and Interfacial Sciences (2002) 255, 352-355.
- JJ Yoon, YS Nam, TG Park, Surface immobilization of galactose onto aliphatic biodegradable polymers for hepatocyte culture, Biotechnology and Bioengineering (2002) 78, 1, 1-10.
- KY Cho, SH Choi, CH Kim, YS Nam, TG Park, JK Park, Protein release microparticles based on the blend of poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) and oligo-ethylene glycol grafted poly(L-lactide), Journal of Controlled Release (2001) 76, 275-284.
- YS Nam, SH Song, JY Choi, TG Park, Lysozyme microencapsulation within biodegradable PLGA microspheres: urea effect on protein release and stability. Biotechnology and Bioengineering (2000) 5, 70 (3), 270-277.
- YS Nam, JJ Yoon, TG Park, A novel fabrication method of macroporous biodegradable polymer scaffolds using gas foaming salt as porogen additive, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (Applied Biomaterials) (2000) 53, 1-7.
- YS Nam, TG Park, Porous biodegradable polymeric scaffolds prepared by thermally induced phase separation, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (1999) 47, 1, 8-17.
- YS Nam, TG Park, Biodegradable polymeric microcellular foams by modified thermally induced phase separation method, Biomaterials (1999) 20, 1783-1790.
- YS Nam, JJ Yoon, JG Lee, TG Park, Adhesion behaviors of hepatocyte cultured onto biodegradable polymer surface modified by alkali hydrolysis process, Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition (1999) 10, 11, 1145-1158.
- YS Nam, TG Park, Protein loaded biodegradable microspheres based on PLGA-protein bioconjugates, Journal of Microencapsulation (1999) 16, 5, 625-637.
- JE Oh, YS Nam, KH Lee, TG Park, Conjugation of drug to poly(D,L- lactic-co-glycolic acid) for zero order controlled release from biodegradable microspheres, Journal of Controlled Release (1999) 57, 269-280.
- YS Nam, KH Lee, TG Park, Conjugation approach of drug to biodegradable poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) for controlled release from microspheres, Polymer Preprints (1998) 39, 2, 216-217.
- TG Park, HY Lee, YS Nam, A new preparation method for protein loaded poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres and protein release mechanism study, Journal of Controlled Release (1998) 55, 181-191.
- JJ Yoon, TG Park, YS Nam, Preparing porous biodegradable polymeric scaffolds for tissue engineering using effervescent salts, USP 6,586,246.
- JE Oh, KH Lee, TG Park, YS Nam, Controlled drug delivery system using the conjugates of drug to biodegradable polyester, USP 6,589,548.
- YS Nam, HS Kang, SH Han, IS Chang, Amphiphilic biodegradable block copolymers and self-assembled polymer aggregates formed from the same in aqueous milieu, KR2001-036048, EPO 02013696.6, JP 2002-178330, USP 6,569,528.
- JY Park, YS Nam, SH Han, IS Chang, Conjugate of biodegradable aliphatic polyester with Tat49-57 peptide or peptide chain containing Tat49-57 peptide, and nanoparticle manufactured using the same, KR 2002-7328, JP 2002-191104, USP 10-185,593.
- SS Kwon, BH Yoo, YS Nam, BH Kim, BS Ku, SH Han, IS Chang, JS Lee, Percutaneous controlled releasing material using nano-sized polymer particles and external application agent containing the same, KR 2001-19869, JP 2001-174260.