Yoon Sung Nam
Yoon Sung Nam
- Ph.D. Course, Biological Engineering Division, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2004 - )
- M.S., Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Korea (1999)
- B.S., Department of Chemical Engineering, Seoul National University (SNU), Korea (1997)
- Bio-interface: self-assembly structures, cell-to-biomaterials interaction, and cell patterning/ordering
- Intelligent biomaterials: stimuli-sensitive phase separation, electroactive polymers, biosensors
- Dupont Fellowship, MIT-DMA Alliance, MIT Biological Engineering (2004 - 2005)
- Poster Competition Winner, the 5th International Conference on Advanced Polymers via Macromolecular Engineering, Montreal, Quebec (2003)
- Japan-Korea Biomaterials Research Young Investigator's Award, the 20th Annual Meeting of Japanese Society for Biomaterials, Makuhari, Chiba, Japan (1998)
- JS Lee, YS Nam, BY Kang, SH Han, IS Chang, Vitamin A microencapsulation within poly(methyl methacrylate)-g-polyethylenimine microspheres: localized proton buffering effect on vitamin A stability, Journal of Applied Polymer Science (2004) 92, 517-522.
- YS Nam, KJ Kim, HS Kang, TG Park, SH Han, and IS Chang, Chemical immobilization of retinoic acid within poly(e-caprolactone) nanoparticles based on drug-polymer bioconjugates, Journal of Applied Polymer Science (2003) 89, 1631-1637.
- YS Nam, HS Kang, JY Park, TG Park, SH Han, IS Chang, New micelle-like polymer aggregates composed of PEI-PLGA diblock copolymers: micellar characteristics and cellular uptake, Biomaterials (2003) 24, 2053-5059.
- YC Sim, YS Nam, YH Shin, ES Shin, SJ Kim, IS Chang, JS Rhee, Proteolytic enzyme conjugated to SC-glucan as an enzymatic transdermal drug penetration enhancer, Die Pharmazie (2003) 58, 252-256.
- YS Nam, JY Park, SH Han, IS Chang, Intracellular drug delivery using poly(D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles derivatized with a peptide from a transcriptional activator protein of HIV-1, Biotechnology Letters (2002) 24, 2093-2098.
- SS Kwon, YS Nam, JS Lee, BS Ku, SH Han, JY Lee, IS Chang, Preparation and characterization of coenzyme Q10-loaded PMMA nanoparticles by a new emulsification process based on microfluidization, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspect (2002) 210, 95-104.
- HS Kang, SS Kwon, YS Nam, SH Han, IS Chang, Zeta potential determination of polymeric nanoparticles by conductivity variation method, Journal of Colloids and Interfacial Sciences (2002) 255, 352-355.
- JJ Yoon, YS Nam, TG Park, Surface immobilization of galactose onto aliphatic biodegradable polymers for hepatocyte culture, Biotechnology and Bioengineering (2002) 78, 1, 1-10.
- KY Cho, SH Choi, CH Kim, YS Nam, TG Park, JK Park, Protein release microparticles based on the blend of poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) and oligo-ethylene glycol grafted poly(L-lactide), Journal of Controlled Release (2001) 76, 275-284.
- YS Nam, SH Song, JY Choi, TG Park, Lysozyme microencapsulation within biodegradable PLGA microspheres: urea effect on protein release and stability. Biotechnology and Bioengineering (2000) 5, 70 (3), 270-277.
- YS Nam, JJ Yoon, TG Park, A novel fabrication method of macroporous biodegradable polymer scaffolds using gas foaming salt as porogen additive, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (2000) 53, 1-7.
- YS Nam, TG Park, Porous biodegradable polymeric scaffolds prepared by thermally induced phase separation, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (1999) 47, 1, 8-17.
- YS Nam, TG Park, Biodegradable polymeric microcellular foams by modified thermally induced phase separation method, Biomaterials (1999) 20, 1783-1790.
- YS Nam, JJ Yoon, JG Lee, TG Park, Adhesion behaviors of hepatocyte cultured onto biodegradable polymer surface modified by alkali hydrolysis process, Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition (1999) 10, 11, 1145-1158.
- YS Nam, TG Park, Protein loaded biodegradable microspheres based on PLGA-protein bioconjugates, Journal of Microencapsulation (1999) 16, 5, 625-637.
- JE Oh, YS Nam, KH Lee, TG Park, Conjugation of drug to poly(D,L- lactic-co-glycolic acid) for zero order controlled release from biodegradable microspheres, Journal of Controlled Release (1999) 57, 269-280.
- YS Nam, KH Lee, TG Park, Conjugation approach of drug to biodegradable poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) for controlled release from microspheres, Polymer Preprints (1998) 39, 2, 216-217.
- TG Park, HY Lee, YS Nam, A new preparation method for protein loaded poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres and protein release mechanism study, Journal of Controlled Release (1998) 55, 181-191.
- JJ Yoon, TG Park, YS Nam, Preparing porous biodegradable polymeric scaffolds for tissue engineering using effervescent salts, USP 6,586,246.
- JE Oh, KH Lee, TG Park, YS Nam, Controlled drug delivery system using the conjugates of drug to biodegradable polyester, USP 6,589,548.
- YS Nam, HS Kang, SH Han, IS Chang, Amphiphilic biodegradable block copolymers and self-assembled polymer aggregates formed from the same in aqueous milieu, KR2001-036048, EPO 02013696.6, JP 2002-178330, USP 6,569,528.
- JY Park, YS Nam, SH Han, IS Chang, Conjugate of biodegradable aliphatic polyester with Tat49-57 peptide or peptide chain containing Tat49-57 peptide, and nanoparticle manufactured using the same, KR 2002-7328, JP 2002-191104, USP 10-185,593.
- SS Kwon, BH Yoo, YS Nam, BH Kim, BS Ku, SH Han, IS Chang, JS Lee, Percutaneous controlled releasing material using nano-sized polymer particles and external application agent containing the same, KR 2001-19869, JP 2001-174260.