ZEG reporter mouse
Reporter mouse strain which can be switches by Cre recombination from LacZ to eGFP expression (therefore ZEG).
Description of the line
- Z/EG, a double reporter mouse line that expresses enhanced green fluorescent protein upon Cre-mediated excision.
- Genesis. 2000 Nov-Dec;28(3-4):147-55.
- Novak A, Guo C, Yang W, Nagy A, Lobe CG.
- Cancer Research Division, Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Science Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- PMID 11105057
Excerpt from the abstract: "..We have developed a novel mouse line that acts as a Cre reporter. The mice, designated Z/EG (lacZ/EGFP), express lacZ throughout embryonic development and adult stages. Cre excision, however, removes the lacZ gene, which activates expression of the second reporter, enhanced green fluorescent protein. We have found that the double-reporter Z/EG line is able to indicate the occurrence of Cre excision from early embryonic to adult lineages..."
- promoter: pCAGGS (allegedly ubiquitous actin promoter sequence)
- loxP site for Cre site-specific recombination
- LacZ (bacterial β-galactosidase)
- 3x pA signal
- loxP site