Zhu Lab:Position Available
"Students, post-doctoral fellows and visiting scientists" are welcome to contact Dr. Zhu about training opportunities and potential collaborations. Research opportunities are available in the broad fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, cell biology and basic science of gastric acid secretion.
Teaching experience At SUNY Buffalo
- Jianye Yuan, MD, PhD, Visiting scholar, associate professor of Medicine, 2012- , Potassium Channels in gastric acid secretion.
- Ghanim Aljomah, MD, 2012- , Research training on NASH.
- Ricardo Arbizu, MD, 2011- , Research training on NASH.
- Alia Adil Shah, 2011- , Oxidative stress related gene expression in the liver of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Rujiang Zhang, MD, PhD, Visiting scholar, associate professor of Medicine, 2011- , Potassium Channels in gastric acid secretion.
- Diana Alexandra Moya, MD, 2011- , Abnormal iron metabolism in NASH livers.
- Zebunnissa Memon, MD, 2011- , Abnormal carbohydrate metabolism in NASH livers.
- Razan Alkhouri, MD, 2010-2012, The pathophysiology of inflammatory bowel diseases in adolescents. (now Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Buffalo)
- Sonal Desai, MD, 2010-2012, The molecular mechanism of oxidative stress in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis livers. (now Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Texas )
- Adil Sarfraz, 2010-2011 , Development of an animal model for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Raza Patel, MD, MPH, 2009-2011, Development of an animal model for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and the use thereof. (now Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Utah)
Teaching experience At UC Berkeley
- Lily Zhong, 2008-2009, Ezrin tyrosine phosphorylation in the gastric parietal cells.
- Hai Van Le, 2008-2009, Functional proteomic studies on gastric parietal cells.
- Cody Ender, 2008-2009, Identification of the activation factor for HK-ATPase.
- Michael Starr, 2008, (summer student from Harvey Mudd College, CA) EGF effect on ezrin tyrosine phosphorylation and gastric acid secretion.
- Bing Zhang, 2007-2009, Different expression pattern of ERM proteins in gastric gland.
- Joy Makdisi, 2007-2008, Identification of apical marker proteins in gastric parietal cells.
- Cheng Chen, 2007-2008, High turn-over of ezrin phosphorylation on T567.
- Jason Hatakeyama, 2007-2008, Identification of apical marker proteins in gastric parietal cells.
- Aditi Shastri, 2007-2008, Phosphorylation of ezrin in kidney proximal tubules: localization and activity.
- Kevin Poon, 2007-2008, Two dimensional electrophoresis of ezrin: comparative study between gastric glands and kidney proximal tubules.
- Aennes Abbas, 2006-2007, Expression of ezrin N-terminus in gastric parietal cell.
- Tim Wu, 2006-2007, Ezrin and NHERF1 in gastric glands.
- Joseph Delaney, 2005-2007, Ezrin binding proteins in gastric glands.
- Sajan Patel, 2005-2006, Two-dimensional electrophoresis of ezrin from gastric glands: protein phosphorylation upon stimulation of gastric glands.
- Veronica Lao, 2004-2005, Purification of ezrin from gastric glands.
- Vincent Li, 2003-2004, Construction and characterization of recombinant adenoviruses expressing ezrin.
Teaching experience At SIBCB
- Ye Ye, 2000-2001, Development of a DNA vaccine against hepatitis C virus.