840:153g:Projects/project14/2011/10/20

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search

In today's lab, we took the pieces of gel Axel cut out of our original agarose gel and extracted the proteins from it using the GeneJet Gel Extraction kit. We then took the samples and ran another gel electrophoresis to check to see where the samples lined up against the ladders. Results of the gel show that some of the samples look to be around 1100 bp, while others are closer to 1000 bp. Next lab we will be calculating the concentration of the DNA samples from our gel electrophoresis. We will also be placing our DNA into a T-vector using the kit provided.

Written By Megan Hughes

Personal tools