Josh, Casy, and Oggie
- Plasmid DNA from the transformed cultures were extracted using the GeneJet Plasmid Mini-Prep Kit.
- Stored twelve samples of eluted plasmid in the freezer.
- A fraction of plasmid DNA from each sample was digested using XbaI and SpeI to run on a gel.
- The gel indicated that the plasmid DNA was very concentrated. As a result, the digestion was not very sufficient. Two bold, bright bands were seen at around 2000 bp, the size of the linear plasmid.
- Another, very faint band was observed that was slightly smaller than the 1500 bp ladder site. This is the size of the promoter-aprE fragment.
- Two samples of the plasmid will be sent off for sequencing.
Derek and Katy
- Setup our second PCR amplification of wintergreen x 10 for mass production.
- We used the same procedure as the first one except we only used DNA number 7.
- On Tuesday we will run a gel to see our results and determine whether we will continue with the wintergreen route.